My Scales Are Wrong!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday 6 November 2011

Power 90 W3D7 Day 21 Oz Power

Okay, to put this session into perspective, I burned 272 calories during Sweat 1-2, whereas I burnt 578 calories during this session and it was actually a fairly light session. 198 of those calories were burnt during the 15 minute warm-up, phew!

I'm still not tempted to change it so that this doesn't count as my "rest day" because for now I think that having a rest day will be what could easily tip me over the edge into a rest week if that makes sense? Or maybe I've come far enough by now that I wouldn't have such a bad reaction. It's just not a risk I want to take at this stage. Only ten days till I take photos and measurements, eek!

I also thought I'd post some information on the Bodybugg to explain what I'm talking about. The following is from their website (here):

The bodybugg system uses a patented process to measure calorie burn.
The process is based on:

Motion: The armband contains an accelerometer that measures motion from multiple perspectives.
Steps: The accelerometer counts steps by measuring the distinct patterns created by running or walking.
Galvanic skin response: When you sweat, your skin becomes more electrically conductive. This measurement helps the device understand how active you are.
Skin temperature: There’s an electronic thermometer inside your armband that monitors how hot you are.
Heat flux: When you move, your muscles produce heat. Your armband measures the heat that’s flowing from your body into the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment