My Scales Are Wrong!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday 13 September 2011

First impressions of hypnotherapy

Initially, I was just outright elated when my hypnotherapy session ended. The feeling of well being was amazing. It's funny, I'm struggling to actually explain it. Basically, when I got there, we discussed my weight issues and what I like to eat and what foods have caused me to put on the weight and I filled out a form. Marie went over what would happen in the session.

Then we did an exercise where I had to visualise all the foods that caused me to gain weight and describe the picture to her, then I opened my eyes and this time told her what would be the one thing in the world that I would never eat (fish eyes). I closed my eyes again, visualised the fish eyes in the shapes of the things I liked to eat and described that picture before opening my eyes. Then I closed my eyes again and visualised the first picture but this time she told me to picture it with the same kind of features as the fish eyes ("black and white, dim, a feeling of nausea in my stomach").

After that we got on to the actual hypnotherapy. I found it a bit uncomfortable because I find that as soon as I have to be still for any period of time, I get itchy in random places around my body. Afterwards, she told me that some people are just like that and they move around during the session. I don't think that I was any less "under" than someone else. To describe the feeling, I would have to say that it was very, very relaxing, my closest experience to it would be when you're lying in bed in the morning, just before you wake up. You're conscious but still asleep, sometimes you don't even realise it until after you wake up. You think to yourself "oh yeah, I was half awake", other times you'll be fully conscious but still enjoying the blanket of sleep over you. I don't know if that makes any sense but it's the closest I can get to explaining the feeling!

The most unusual thing to come from it? Just this morning I had told someone that I would "never forgive" a friend who had done wrong by me in the past but in this one session, I came out of it having forgiven her. I won't be seeking a friendship with her by any means but I have forgiven her for what she did to me which came as a total surprise to me. Not exactly what I went there for but dropping those negative feelings was like lifting a weight from my shoulders.

As for the nitty gritty of weight loss, we discussed good eating habits and having a desire to exercise. Time will tell as to whether these have sunk in but when I went to the freezer tonight, I chose the protein-full Beef Stroganoff over the carbo-loaded Lasagna!

No comments:

Post a Comment