My Scales Are Wrong!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday 16 September 2011

Thank heavens for small mercies!

Today was exactly one bucket load easier than yesterday, huzzah! I was no longer tempted by the chocolates in the kitchen and when 10am rolled around and Friday morning tea arrived I wasn't even the slightest bit interested in the party pies, sausage rolls and cakes that they had there. I could've stayed in our office but I chose to be sociable as well as test myself a little bit. I took my Tupperware container of raw almonds with me and ate them while chatting to the other staff in the office.

I have noticed that my energy is lacklustre. I think it's going to take some time for my body to adjust to this. I've been struggling to concentrate at work and then at taekwon-do tonight, I felt like a lead balloon, I could barely move and I also got a cramp in my left leg twice. Again, I think it's my body reacting to the lack of sugar when it's been in such ready supply, I wouldn't be surprised if I was having some kind of withdrawals from it! On a more positive note, my sleeping has improved already. I've been waking up before the alarm (or on the first alarm, we set about five in this house!) and am ready and raring to go.

I can't wait to go shopping tomorrow and get some food to cook a whole bunch of meals for the week, I love Subway but it's not really that great for you, although I'm definitely eating a much healthier sub than before and as far as take away goes, it's one of the few options that's halfway decent really. I think I'm going to make some sorbets in the Thermomix when I want dessert, we have ice readily on hand and it only uses a little bit of sugar so it could be a solution to any "sweet" cravings I get this weekend!

Fingers crossed it all goes well when it's the weekend and I have a whole bunch of spare time on my hands!

N.B. I've just re-read this blog after posting and it feels like a bunch of random thoughts with no segue between them. I apologise, I'm really tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment