My Scales Are Wrong!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday 14 September 2011

A slight struggle

So today was my first day after hypnotherapy. I'll admit, it was more of a struggle than I expected it to be. I was pleased when I easily turned down chocolate cake at work this morning but I was surprised by how much time I spent still thinking about food. Mostly it was about the hypnotherapy session and what we'd planned for my eating. I was a bit disappointed in myself for having Subway for lunch. I had been planning to eat the Hungarian Goulash I'd taken to work but when I saw one of the managers eating Subway, I got it in my head to have that. It was a much healthier sub than in the past (my old sub was a foot long chicken & bacon ranch with double cheese and extra ranch dressing) but it still disappointed me that I caved to a "craving" so to speak.

I guess that's why you don't stop at one session, next week I'll mention these struggles and she'll build it into our next session to empower me to do better. Coming home from taekwon-do tonight was a touchy subject for us, Damien had lasagna from the freezer for lunch and I haven't had a chance to cook any more meals. I also didn't want to eat lasagna for dinner, I suggested Subway but in the end when he dropped me off at my car (I parked at the train station because I was running late this morning), I told him that if he didn't want Subway, I was happy to eat what was at home and he could get what he liked.

I ate the remainder of the Beef Stroganoff from last night but there was really not a lot left at all. Then I came the closest to caving all day. I considered the brandied baskets in the cupboard, eating one of the lasagnas from the freezer and at one point even pulled out the last mint Cornetto from the freezer and started to open it before putting it back. In the end I drank some more water and had a slice of toast with Vegemite.

Plan for tomorrow, bike ride and get some fresh veggies in the house to cook some good meals in the Thermomix!

No comments:

Post a Comment